Highly customizable kanji learning companion for your Japanese studies.
Apr 25, 2023
education, japanese, kanji, studied, strokes, custom sets, levels
Require Android 5.0
- Highly customizable kanji learning companion for your Japanese studies.
- Rote memorize kanji in manageable sized sets.
- View stroke animations, readings, meanings and examples.
- Customize theme, layout, displayed actions and swipe behavior.
- Assign study ratings to filter kanji out as you learn them.
- Customize quizzes to show readings, meanings, example words or sentences.
- Example words can be selected from JLPT, common vocab and favorites.
- Quiz times and distractors adapt based on your results.
- Further customize to repeat wrong answers, auto-play audio, pause after answering and more.
- Improve your kanji recognition by challenging yourself to recall and write kanji.
- Learn the correct stroke order using a finely-tuned stroke detection algorithm.
- Correct strokes will snap into place and hints will appear if you are struggling.
- Detect accuracy stroke by stroke or use the self-assessment mode.
- Search over 6k kanji using readings, radicals, stroke counts, levels and more all in one text field.
- Search over 180k words by kanji, kana, romaji or translation language in the same one text field.
- Combine any number of criteria and see them highlighted in the results.
- If you are looking for a solid app rated with 4.90/5 from 46 votes , the Japanese Kanji Study is just for you.
- A studied kanji app that will be great addition to your phone.
- More than 2,606,557 downloads since the first upload.
- Japanese-Kanji-Study APK can be downloaded free of charge.
- The APK of Japanese-Kanji-Study from Apr 25, 2023 is checked for viruses and malware, and safe to download.
Japanese Kanji Study APK
Kanji Study is my ongoing project that tries to be a helpful and easy-to-use tool for learning Japanese kanji. Study with flashcards, customizable quizzes and writing challenges. Each kanji has detailed information and many examples. The app provides a powerful search tool for looking up kanji by radicals, stroke count and more. You can also make custom sets to match your textbooks or focus on the kanji you struggle with the most.
The app is NOT entirely free; however, the free version has no ads and offers unlimited study for hiragana, katakana, radicals and beginner kanji. Kanji search and ranking features are also completely unrestricted. The one-time upgrade unlocks the remaining kanji study groups and allows you to create your own custom sets. It also supports the continued development of this project.
In addition, there is an add-on for the Outlier Essentials dictionary that includes a deeper dive into the etymology and break down of kanji.
★ Quick kanji lookup
• Search over 6000 kanji using readings, radicals, stroke counts, levels and more all in one text field.
• Combine any number of radicals and see them highlighted in the results.
• Add search results to a custom group to, for example, study multiple grade levels.
★ Detailed kanji info
• View animated strokes, readings and meanings as well as your study time and quiz stats.
• See a breakdown of the radicals found within each kanji.
• Check out example words (grouped by the kanji readings), sentences and names.
• Customize to hide meanings, collapse sections, show romaji and more.
• Explore the kanji used within each of the examples and use the breadcrumbs to navigate back.
★ Flashcard study
• Drill characters in manageable sized sets.
• View stroke animations and toggle the visibility of readings and associated meanings.
• Tap a reading to show a list of example words that use that reading.
• Swipe to quickly launch writing practice and view additional information.
• Assign study ratings which allows you to filter kanji as you learn them.
★ Multi-choice quizzes
• Customize quizzes to show either readings, associated meanings, example words or sentences.
• Example words can be selected from JLPT and common vocab, as well as your favorited examples.
• Quiz timer and distractors adapt based on previous quiz results.
• Further customize with options to repeat wrong answers, remove the timer, pause after answering and more.
★ Writing challenges
• Improve your kanji recognition by challenging yourself to recall and draw the characters.
• Learn the correct stroke order using the finely-tuned stroke detection algorithm.
• Strokes will snap into place when correctly drawn and hints will appear if you are struggling.
• Use the self-check mode to compare your drawing attempts with the correct answer.
★ Study kanji grouped by JLPT levels, Jouyou grades or Kanji Kentei levels.
★ Send custom study reminders when you haven't studied.
★ Read Japanese text with text-to-speech audio support.
★ Add shortcuts to your home screen to study a particular set.
★ Use the rankings screen to make custom sets based on study stats.
★ Favorite kanji, radicals and examples for referencing later.
★ Save progress using Google Drive or local storage.
★ Customize MANY additional settings.
- In-app Purchase (purchase upgrade)
- External Drive (store backup files)
- Install Shortcuts (add home screen shortcuts)
- Run at startup (reschedule notifications)
- Full network access (send analytics)
There is a volunteer translation project for the app interface and content. If you would like to help, please send me an email!
Japanese Kanji Study (Android Package) APK 61.8mb
Made by: Chase Colburn